The International Institute recognizes that many barriers exist for people that are completing their education. Additionally there are even more barriers that exist for immigrants. To help bridge that gap, the International Institute of Akron has established The Dora Gordon Scholarship for Children and Families of the International Institute. The scholarship has been established to help clients of the International Institute pursue or complete their education.
Established in 2003, the Dora Gordon Scholarship is awarded annually by the International Institute of Akron to honor a student who has demonstrated excellent scholastic achievement. The scholarship is intended to assist members of families served by the International Institute of Akron with the pursuit of their higher educational goals Dora Gordon was a volunteer teacher in the Institute’s Education program and was committed to the ideals of universal brotherhood. She left a generous portion of her estate to help fund the Scholarship program.
To apply please complete the application found here: IIA Dora Gordon Scholarship Application_2016
Contact Liz Walters at email@example.com with questions.
Who is eligible to receive this scholarship?
- Current, past and present clients who are not currently employed by the International Institute.
What can the funding be used for?
- Tuition help
- GED program
- Attending education based conferences
How and when can the funding be accessed?
- There will be one grant cycle each year.
- Scholarship applications are available at the International Institute
- A Selection Committee from the International Institute will review the applications
- Awards will be made at the Annual Meeting in May.
- Each scholarship recipient will be expected to provide a brief accounting of the scholarship.