The International Institute of Akron
Department: Refugee Services
Title: Director of Refugee Services/Refugee Resettlement
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Manager of Employment, Manager of Case Management, Manager of Social Services, and Manager of Supportive Services
Summary: The Director is responsible for oversight of the Refugee Services department, which includes: employment services, case management, social services and supportive services. This position administrates and monitors contracts, grants, resources, strategic direction, performance metrics, policies and procedures and quality control/compliance. In addition and in collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Immigration, this position develops, coordinates, builds and maintains community partnerships. This position requires an advanced degree in social work or non-profit management and prior management experience. Priority is given to individuals who have experience working with people from different cultures.
Leadership Team Management
- Coordinate and promote a team environment to ensure efficient cross-collaboration of services being offered to refugee clients by multiple departments and varying staff.
- Oversee, coordinate and implement the semi-yearly staff performance evaluation process
- Design and implement appropriate training, coaching and professional development of department staff and volunteers
- Recruit and maintain a steady source of volunteers, interns, and mentors
- Coordinate with the Executive Team on strategic planning, budgeting, grant-writing, community partnerships, and annual work plan
- Coordinate and promote an outcomes-based management culture to be able to measure and evaluate service effectiveness
- Continue to develop necessary service enhancements for refugees as well as innovative approaches to service delivery
- Develop, maintain and grow departmental policies and procedures that are organized for continued use and reference
- Build and maintain a philosophy of service to ensure consistent client interactions
- Oversee the implementation, management and tracking of various budgets including R&P spending and MG spending
- Plan program expenditures in accordance with the annual budget. Provide oversight of monthly expenditures
- Collaborate with Executive Team on budgeting process
- Represent IIA in the community
- Continue to develop community resources and relationships
- Keep abreast of other similar services in the area and the country, including networking with local social services agencies, faith-based organizations, and USCRI agencies
Program Reports as determined
Other activities as directed by the Executive Director or their designee.
This position is full time 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday. This position includes health insurance and PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org